Thursday 28 June 2007

t - 55 days: The inaugural posting

Well howdy y'all! The purpose of this blog will be to document my year abroad next year in China, in Urumqi (烏魯木齊/乌鲁木齐)in XinJiang (新疆) province.

So, I'm leaving in 60 days. I'm currently still in Newcastle, where I go to University (Newcastle, not Northumbria). I've been here for two years, and this past year have lived with two of my best friends, one of whom is going to Brazil next year (and when she sets up a blog, I'll link it) and the other is moving to Bolton University to study art (and if she sets up a blog, I'll link that too). In two days, I leave for Inverness (my hometown) to live with my family to work until I leave.

My exam results come out on Monday, when I find out if I'm even allowed to go to China (although the flights are booked and everything, so I bloody better be), so I'll let you know how they go.

Not much more to say really, this was more just an introductory post. I'll post as we get closer to my departure and with regular "fear-o-meter" updates.

Today's Fearometer Rating:6.5 (out of a possible 10)

3 comments:

MommyHeadache said...

Hi there, thanks for linking me. And look forward to reading about your Chinese adventures.

Liam said...

Well, I linked you from my other blog, so I thought it might be really quite offensive if I didn't also link you from here :D

Unknown said...

that is fantastic idea
新疆日记,希望你回来变成一个彻底的新疆大树。哈哈哈哈哈