Friday 20 July 2007

t-32 days: To do list, revised

Things I STILL have to do:

  • Get a medical. Do. Not. Want. You have to get an ECG, an AIDS test and all sorts. It better not be really expensive, because I have to get one in China as well (I was supposed to just get one there, but the consulate here won't accept that (see previous posts panicking about this).


  • Get my visa. Cannot be done without the medical. But still a stressful experience, as I have to go to Edinburgh which means getting a bus at 7:10 in the morning, and coming back a few hours later (and it's like, 3 and a half hours each way. So for those who think Inverness is right by Edinburgh, you're wrong. Really, really wrong). On two separate days.


  • Work out how to send money to China. This just requires a call to the bank or similar, but I also need to work out how much and when to send money there. I know there are charges, and I would like to avoid them, but without leaving myself skint. Gah.


  • Pack. This one can wait. Hurrah!


Things I HAVE done (to make my feel better):

  • Get travel insurance. Yes sirree, I'm all insured :D


  • Book flights from 北京 to 烏魯木齊/乌鲁木齐, 中国南方航空 (China Southern Airways) flight, here we come!


  • Get my documents from 新疆师范大学 See previous post.


  • Book accomodation in Beijing. Technically, this isn't done, but I have sent the email and am just waiting for a reply.


  • Get travel money. I have 200元 and 300 (about 2300元) American Dollars Travellers Cheques, which should do me until I get my first load of money sent over from here. If not, I always have credit cards/bank card.


But no, I'm STILL not ready, and I still might 哭, it's just a little less likely.

Today's Fearometer Rating: 6

1 comment:

Xi Han said...

Lulz. May I first and foremost thank you for providing me with entertainment while 'slaving away' *ahem* at work. Secondly...something tells me that this post wasn't al-new material. Thirdly. B*st*rd. (cleverly disguised vulgar term there. About as cleverly disguised as m**herfucker, which I found in an upmarket (I think Time) magazine, much to my amusement.) Your have-done list is irritatingly good. Mine consists of: 1) Received documents. 2) Found flight, told Liam about it. 3) Promised would sent Liam cheque. 4) The end.