Sunday 5 August 2007

t-16 days: I ar teechir!

I ar teechir!

I am now fully qualified to teach English as a foreign language. Haha! I know, I know. The thing that I'm most bothered about is actually my accent - there will be a bunch of Chinese people speaking with Scottish accents (assuming I teach in China). It could be quite amusing, given that I've had more than one Chinese person think I'm saying "expelience" or "daily" (for experience and dairy, respectively). Even English people think that sometimes. Ah well. I could teach them an American accent.

I'm off to get my visa soon. Only problem - I don't have my rota for next week. So I don't even know if I'm working Monday (kind of tomorrow, it's 1am and I haven't slept yet), so I don't actually know if I got the day off I booked to go and get it. Only 6 more shifts (maybe)!

Today's Fearometer Rating:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you? teach them an American accent? bwahahahaha!!!! sorry. Sure. Just teach them to say coughee and tawk and they'll be scarred, I mean, set for life. Wonderful.

Congrats again on being certified to teach 'em a most lovely accent.