Thursday 2 August 2007

t-notenough (19) days

6am: BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP *crying noises can be heard*

7am: I board my Megabus to 爱丁堡 (Edinburgh).

10am:熙涵 reminds me by text that the consulate will not accept original documents, and I need photocopies. "Alas!" says I. "'tis fine, there will be somewhere I can get a photocopy in the centre of Edinburgh."

10:40am: I get off my megabus, and go in search of Pritt Stick and a photocopier.

11am: Pritt stick, but no photocopier.

11:15am: Still no photocopier. Text AQA to find out where to get copies.

TEN MINUTES(!) LATER

Try this place, or this other place. One has closed down, and the other is about a six day trek.

11:30am: Think "Sod it" and get in a taxi to the embassy. See a copy place two minutes before the embassy. Run back (it's now 11:40).

11:50am: Have copies, run back to embassy.

11:55am: Arrive at embassy. Hand in forms. Informed they will not be ready for Wednesday due to Monday being a holiday I didn't know about. I agree to pay an extra £15, so it will be ready tomorrow (although I can't pick it up 'til Wednesday)

12noon: The embassy closes. And I now have two hours and forty minutes to do the ten minute bus ride to the bus station, where I get my bus back to Inverness.

But I have applied for my visa!

Today's Fearometer Rating:9

No comments: